Thursday, August 8, 2013
What are the Types of Force Mains (FM) in SWMM 5?
Subject: What are the Types of Force Mains (FM) in SWMM 5?
There are five ways to model a force main in SWMM 5 for the combination of full and partial flow in the force main (Figure 1):
1. Full Flow using Darcy-Weisbach for the friction loss
2. Full Flow using Hazen-Williams for the friction loss
3. Full Flow using Manning's n for the friction loss
4. Partial Flow uses Manning's n for the friction loss for Force Main Equation options
If you use Darcy-Weisbach or Hazen-Williams then an equivalent Manning's n for a force main that results in the same normal flow value for a force main flowing full under fully turbulent conditions is calculated internally in SWMM 5 in forcemain.c
· Equivalent n for H-W is 1.067 / Hazen-Williams Coefficient * (Full Depth / Bed Slope) ^ 0.04
· Equivalent n for D-W is (Darcy-Weisbach friction factor/185) * (Full Depth) ^ 1/6
Figure 1. Types of Full and Partially Full Force Mains in SWMM 5
Author(s) Year Title Emoji Bhave 1991 Analysis of Flow in Water Distribution Networks 📘 Clark, R.M. 1998 Chlorine demand and Trihalometha...
@Innovyze User forum where you can ask questions about our Water and Wastewater Products http://t.co/dwgCOo3fSP pic.twitter.com/R0QKG2dv...
Subject: Detention Basin Basics in SWMM 5 What are the basic elements of a detention pond in SWMM 5? They are common in our back...
Engine Error Number Description ERROR 101: memory allocation error. ...