Saturday, November 29, 2014
A rise in Pipe Inverts Across a SWMM 5 Node, What Node and Link Invert Elevations Does SWMM 5 Use?
Subject: This is how SWMM 5 handles jumps in pipe invert across a node.
The water surface in the node determines the flow in the link, as the depth increases due to upstream inflow eventually the downstream link will start flowing.
Note: What Node and Link Invert Elevations Does SWMM 5 Use?
SWMM 5 uses the following Node information from the user:
· Node Invert Elevation,
· The Node Rim Elevation which is the Node Invert Elevation + the Maximum node depth
· The Ponded Area when the Ponded Area option is used
· The Surcharge Depth above the Node Rim Elevation
SWMM 5 uses the following link information from the user:
· The Link Upstream Offset Depth or Offset Elevation and
· The Link Downstream Offset Depth or Offset Elevation
· The Link Maximum Depth or Diameter
SWMM 5 calculates the following information internally:
· The Pipe Crown Elevation at the upstream and downstream link nodes. The Pipe Crown is the Pipe Diameter + Link Offsets
· The Node Highest Pipe Crown Elevation,
· The Surcharge Depth above the Rim Elevation if the Node has a Surcharge Pressure Depth at the Node during the simulation,
o If the Surcharge Depth is 0 then the program will either lose the flooded water or store the flooded water during the simulation
· The Flooded Depth above the Rim Elevation if the Node uses the Ponded Area Option
o You have to enter a Ponded Area for the node AND use the Global Allow Ponding Option
SWMM 5 Rules for Pipes
· The Pipe Invert Cannot be below either upstream or downstream node invert – the program will print a warning in the rpt file and set the offset to 0 internally,
· The Pipe Crown Cannot be above the Rim Elevation of the Node – the program will raise the Rim Elevation when this happens and print a warning in the rpt file.
The use of Offset Depth or Offset Elevation for the Link Offsets is based on the user choice at the bottom of the SWMM 5 GUI Map.
Or in the Tools/Preference/Operation dialog of InfoSWMM/H20MAP SWMM
InfoSWMM Version Numbers and the version of Arc Map they use and which EPA SWMM5 Engine is used for Each InfoSWMM Version
InfoSWMM Version Numbers InfoSWMM Version 14.7 Update 3 for Arc Map 10 to 10.8 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10 - EPA SWMM 5.1.014 4/12/2020 ...
Soffit Level ( pipe technology ) The top point of the inside open section of a pipe or box conduit. The soffit is the ...
Engine Error Number Description ERROR 101: memory allocation error. ...
Comment: A really nice water analogy for the field properties Divergence, Curl and Gradient from the Blog Starts With a Bang ....it&...