Sunday, August 4, 2013
InfoSewer and H2OMAP Sewer New Features in 2011/2013
Subject: InfoSewer and H2OMAP Sewer New Features in 2011/2013
InfoSewer for Arc GIS 9 and 10 and H2OMAP Sewer had a many engine and GUI enhancements during 2011 to allow the programs to work better for models up to 50,000 elements that simulate water quality and hydrology. The improvements now allow large models to be run with smaller report and simulation time steps and provide a Mass Balance Check at the end of the report file for the user to easily check the model results. The new ForceMain Solution for EPS simulations now allows the simulation of complicated Force Main Loops in the network without the need for making simplifying network connection assumptions. The engine changes make InfoSewerandH2OMAP Sewer more robust for large models and small time steps while providing better solution error checking and routing. The enhanced Output Report Manager shows all of the possible Node and Link Output Variables in Graphs, Tables and Advanced HGL Labeling. The year 2011 was a year in which the internal engine ofInfoSewer and H2OMAP Sewer were improved and also a year in which more simulation output information was shown to the user so that they can both understand and explain the modeling results in a more confident fashion.
Figure 1. Three Temporal Solutions in InfoSewer and H2OMAP Sewer
The three types of solutions in InfoSewer and H2OMAP Sewer: Steady State, Design and Extended Period Simulations had other new features in InfoSewer and H2OMAPSewer which include
· Advanced Forcemain Network Support (Figure 3)
· Plan Profile Plotting of the Input Network
· Mass Balance Table for EPS Simulations (Figure 3)
· Advanced Node and Link labeling for HGL Plots
· A complete list of node, link graphics for all Output Attribute Browser Variables
· Better memory allocation for long simulation and enhanced memory allocation for plot with many data points
· Improved Memory Management for Water Quality, Pumping and Unit Hydrograph Simulations
· Expanded Output Manager Tabular Reports for EPS Simulations
· Expanded Warning and Error messages in the text report file
· Enhanced water quality routing through force mains, pumps and wet wells (Figure 2)
· Enhanced export to H2OMAP SWMM
· Enhanced simulation of small hyetograph time steps for hydrographs
· Expanded output for the Design Feature of H2OMAP Sewer
· Improvements to the DB Editor for Import of GIS and OBDC data
· The ability to run longer simulations with shorter report time steps
· Enhancements to the pump allocation routine for Steady State and EPS runs
· Improvements to the ranges of the solution parameters for the Muskingum-Cunge modified solution
· Output Graphics can now be shown down to a 1 second report step.
Figure 2. Example InfoSewer Network with Multiple Upstream and Downstream Force Main Links.
Figure 3. The new ForceMain Solution allows InfoSewer and H2OMAP Sewer to simulate Force Main Splitting and Joining
Figure 4. Mass Balance Check in InfoSewer and H2OMAP Sewer now shows the user the total inflow, storage and total outflow during the EPS Simulation.
GIS Gateway – Create Shapefile T he Create Shapefile tool available from the GIS Gateway , allows you to create a new ESRI® Shapefile dir...
Engine Error Number Description ERROR 101: memory allocation error. ...
Soffit Level ( pipe technology ) The top point of the inside open section of a pipe or box conduit. The soffit is the ...
Note: Orifice and Weir Flow Computations The orifice flow calculation proceeds as follows: 1. Initially and whenever the setting (i.e...